This triggered many companies to upgrade from Old versions of Discoverer to Discoverer 10g.
Some time back, I got an opportunity to lead such kind of project with one of my clients.
The objective of this paper is to upgrade the discoverer to the latest supported version.
This paper covers the following topics
- Installation and configuration of Oracle Application Server 10g on apps environment
- Application of required patches.
- Import of existing reports into Discoverer 10g.
1. Discoverer 10 can be implemented in two models.
a. Standalone Installation
b. Oracle 10g AS with Infrastructure
My client selected "Standalone" method. So my and papers talks about - Standalone, but not Oracle 10g AS with Infrastructure
2. Some companies use Noetix views and many companies may not have implemented Noetix.
a. If your client is not using Noetix views, you can ignore the step - "Noetix Upgrade" in this paper.
b. In my project, it involved Noetix upgradation also.
Steps In Brief
Noetix Upgrade [Optional]
Oracle Bi 10g Installation And Configuration
Configuration With E-Business 11i
Patch Application On Oracle Bi 10g
Db Schema Creation And Import
Audit Trail Reports
Steps in detail
Click here for the document that explains the steps to migrate to Discoverer 10g
Note: The above pdf might take a minute or so to download
Please click on below links to access these documents
Noetix Upgrade Document