legacy erp to fusion erp finance and scm migration

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Customer
Topic starter
(@sastry-challa)
Eminent Member

What are the steps to follow? please share if we have in our course.

5 Replies
(@training-operations)
Reputable Member

Hi Sastry, could you let us know what training you referring to?

Customer
Topic starter
(@sastry-challa)
Eminent Member

Sorry not w.r.t course in general methodology to adopt for migration from legacy erp like Sage to oracle fusion cloud what is in general adopted convention. True cloud methodology has SDLC stages this question is more w.r.t .please share your expertise opinion.

(@training-operations)
Reputable Member

You can follow the below few practices:-

1.       Understand the business value that the Cloud can deliver to your organization – which covers planning your need

2.       Take an Iterative, Incremental Approach to Cloud Deployment

3.       Configure systems and not customized to fit every corner

Its best to follow a structured conversation with the deployment manager and product manager to understand the needs and expectations of this migration.

·         Project planning

·         Gather requirements

·         Design

·         Code for implementation

·         Testing/ UAT

·         Go live

Customer
Topic starter
(@sastry-challa)
Eminent Member

Thank you so much for the reply. this is very helpful and appreciate reply. In addition If I may ask here :

Org structure R12 ( BG=> Ledger/LE=>OU=>Inv Org) Fusion (Single Enterprise =>Division(not shown in your sessions how to use i do understand it is optional=> Ledger/LE/BU/Inv Org). Question here is if client was using 1 BG for US 1 BG for Mexico 1 BG for Canada, 1 BG for Brazil): How existing multiple BG can be mapped to Fusion. Am I correct in guessing that I can Map Division ~ BG so (   XYZ enterprise in Fusion,   1 Division for US BG, 2nd Division for MX BG, 3rd Division for Canada BG, 4th Division for Brazil). Is this way to do mapping of BG,because we can have only one Enterprise here. Please help to clarify. Thank you . Sastry Challa

Page 1 / 2
Share: