Clear all

[Closed] Having trouble with BI RTF template

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Customer
Topic starter
(@divya-gade)

I have a situation where I'm trying to build a BI template from existing RDF report and running into issue where it is not returning the expected output and it is working fine in RDF txt output. The report has many nested for loops (in total 7). When I created the RTF template with including all the for loops, it is not returning the rows having null data at level 7 for loop (at least it should return data until level 6).
For example, consider a location with a customer A has receipts and every receipt may or may not have invoices related. For loop has been implemented at LOCATION, CUSTOMER, RECEIPT and INVOICE level. My requirement is, if a receipt has 0 invoices, it should at least show a record for location, customer and receipt and keeping the invoices columns null/blank. Any inputs much appreciated!!

3 Replies
(@training-operations)
Reputable Member

Hello Divya,

We trust you're doing well!

Our team of experts is diligently working on resolving your query. Rest assured, we will get in touch with you as soon as we have a solution. We promise to keep you posted.

Thank you for your patience and kind regards,

Apps2fusion Team

(@training-operations)
Reputable Member

Hello Divya,

The following are the step to debug or troubleshoot the issue - 

1. Review Your RTF Template: Double-check your RTF template to ensure that the nested loops are correctly defined and that they are iterating through the data as expected. Make sure that you are not inadvertently skipping iterations or causing data to be excluded.
  2. Handle Null Data Appropriately: Since you want to display records even when there's no data at the deepest level (e.g., no invoices for a receipt), ensure that your template is structured to handle null or missing data gracefully. You might need to use conditional statements (e.g., IF statements) to handle situations where certain fields are null or blank.
  3. Verify Data Sources: Make sure that the data sources you are querying from are correctly set up and that they are returning the expected data. If the data in the RDF report is correct but not translating well into the RTF template, the issue might be in the template's logic or structure.
  4. Check for Loops Logic: Nested loops can be complex to manage, and sometimes a slight logical error can cause unexpected behavior. Verify that the logic within each loop is correctly handling the data at that level.
  5. Test with Simplified Templates: To isolate the issue, you might want to create simplified RTF templates with only a subset of the loops and data fields. This can help you identify if the problem is specifically related to the nesting or if there's an issue with a particular loop level.
  6. Use Logging or Debugging: If possible, introduce logging or debugging techniques to track the flow of data and variables within your template. This can help you pinpoint where the issue might be occurring.
  7. Engage with BI Tools Support: If you're using a specific BI tool to create the templates, consider reaching out to their support team. They might be able to provide guidance on how to structure your template for the desired output, especially considering the complexities of nested loops.

Thanks,

Apps2fusion Team

(@training-operations)
Reputable Member

Hello,

Hope you are doing great!

I hope we were able to help you out with this query and all your questions were cleared, If you have anything to add on, Our team will surely help you out with it. 

For now, with your consent, we can close this query.

Thanks & Regards

Share: