[Solved] Multiple vs Single Business Units

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Customer
Topic starter
(@prakash-mandavilli-1340)

Hello All,

My client provides shared service functions (HR, Finance, Invoice processing etc) to other companies. We are implementing ERP(AP, AR,FA,CM, GL) & SCM (Purchasing & Self Service Procurement) fusion modules. Employees of the client are assigned to these companies and support all the shared service functions for the company they are assigned to. There is a business requirement to segregate the data so that the employees do not have access to data pertaining to other companies. Is setting up multiple Business Units and assigning BU's to roles the only approach to segregate data?

Any suggestions/comments to accomplish data segregation?

Thanks,

Prakash

5 Replies
(@training-operations)
Reputable Member

Yes we can segregate multiple business units and provide data access set to them separately to restrict data access

3 Replies

@training-operations 

I didn’t understand your response. Is data segregation possible only through business units? Is there any other solution to segregate data without creating business units?

@training-operations 

I didn’t understand your response. Is data segregation possible only through business units? Is there any other solution to segregate data without creating business units?

(@training-operations)

Reputable Member

@prakash-mandavilli-1340
Hi,
Segregation of data access is mostly done by creating BU and setting Manage Data Access for Users context as BU

Thanks,
Apps2fusion

(@training-operations)
Reputable Member

Hello, we hope we were able to resolve your query. Please know, we are always there to help you out in such times.

Thanks for you cooperation

Have a great day!

Thanks.

Share: