Clear all

[Closed] Oracle Fast Formula

11 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@imran-ashraf)

Hi ,

I am newly subscribed to apps2Fusion and I am HRMS Technical Consultant, I came here to learn HRMS as Functional through R12 to Fusion. but your R12 payroll training is very small, just introducing the topics like just 2 , 3 minutes, there is no more detail and who wants to Learn HRMS Functional, this is not sufficient training. For very important topic fast formula on 50 minutes lesson. and you can't learn Fast Formula or HRMS Functional through this course.

For Fast Formula R12 I need more detailed videos or material please not oracle user guide provided that I have.

Please clarify below Questions.

1- What is Formula Type is ?

2- IF I have 5 formula for Oracle Payroll Type, its mean what? when I run payroll so all Formula Type of Oracle Payroll will get calculated?

3- What is DB Items, is any element input can be created as DB Item?

4- Any DB Item I can use in any Formula or how I can use DB Item in Formula?

Regards,

Imran

Topic Tags
10 Replies
(@training-operations)
Reputable Member

Hello,

We trust you're doing well!

Our team of experts is diligently working on resolving your query. Rest assured, we will get in touch with you as soon as we have a solution. We promise to keep you posted.

Thank you for your patience and kind regards,

Apps2fusion Team

1 Reply
(@imran-ashraf)

@training-operations Thank you for your response, I am waiting for your update.

(@training-operations)
Reputable Member

Hi Imran, Here's what our SME says:

1)

Definition: A 'Formula Type' in Oracle Fusion HCM is a categorization used to classify and label formulas for specific tasks or calculations within the Human Capital Management system.

Explanation: In Oracle Fusion HCM, a Formula Type is a way of organizing and identifying different formulas. These formulas are used for various tasks, such as payroll calculations or absence accruals. Formula Types are like labels that tell you the purpose of a formula and where it should be applied. They make it easier for users to find and use the right formula for a particular job within the HCM system.

Additional Information: The availability of Formula Types is restricted based on your configuration and work area. For example, when setting up an accrual matrix for annual leave entitlement, you will only see "entitlement matrix" formulas. This applies to different areas, ensuring that you can access the right formulas according to your specific setup. This security ensures you have the appropriate formula types for your HR processes.

2)

1. You can create different payroll formulas for tasks like calculating earnings, deductions, and taxes.

2. Each formula is linked to specific payroll components, like gross earnings or tax withholdings.

3. During a payroll run, the system only uses the formulas you've chosen for that run. It won't calculate all available payroll formulas unless configured to do so.

4. You can set up the payroll run to include the formulas you need based on your payroll policies and requirements.

Having 5 Oracle Payroll-type Fast Formulas means you have created 5 different formulas for payroll-related tasks. However, during a payroll run, not all of these formulas will automatically be calculated. The system will use only the formulas that are configured and designated for that specific payroll run. You need to set up your payroll processes to include the relevant formulas based on your payroll policies and requirements.

3)

A 'Database Item' is a data element stored in the system's database, representing specific information related to employees, organizations, or other entities. 

When you, as a user, create additional input fields on an element, you have the option to generate a Database item for that field, making it available for all types of inputs. When you create a new element, the system automatically generates Database items for the seeded inputs. Therefore, you only need to focus on creating Database items for the custom fields you've added as a user.

You can create custom elements or fields, often called "flexfields", to store organization-specific data. These custom elements can be configured as database items, allowing you to capture unique information like employee IDs or contact details to tailor the system to your HR needs.

4)

In Oracle Fusion HCM, you can use a database item in a Fast Formula as long as it's defined and relevant to the formula's purpose and context. You can reference the database item by its name in the formula, making it accessible for data manipulation. The key is to ensure that the chosen database item aligns with the specific requirements of the formula. 

Database items are stored with the type of input you created. For example, if you created an input of type Date, it's essential to use a database item of type Date in your calculation or ensure valid conversions within the formula text for similar use.

Thanks!

Topic starter
(@imran-ashraf)

I am not able to post any reply

Topic starter
(@imran-ashraf)

Hello Team,

Thank you very much team for providing detail, can you please elaborate more that "You can set up the payroll run to include the formulas you need based on your payroll policies and requirements." Mean how payroll run configured to know that these formulas will take part for payroll run.

Regards,

Imran 

Page 1 / 2
Share: