Forum Discussions

Procurement Mapping...

Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Procurement Mapping Sets - intercompany segment value selection ?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@mark-ballew)
Eminent Member

Hi, hope you are having a nice weekend, i have question from procurement cloud training course, discussion on setup of mapping sets for purchase charge account, when populating mapping output, the intercompany segment value is set to actual company value ie. '09' versus using a default value such as '00', since this is not explicitly an intercompany account, why are we using the company value here over using the defaulting value of '00'?   I ask as when I define intercompany segment value set, I alway set a default value of '00' and not the company value, I may be missing some idea on subledger accounting concepts, any help in enlightening me would be greatly appreciated. see attached

2 Replies
(@training-operations)
Reputable Member

The Intercompany value sets can be configured in two ways. Either We can use the Entity/Company value set for the intercompany segment or the separate value set can be created.

In the Oracle demos or training guides, you will notice that they would have used the same value set for both entity and intercompany segments. In that case, system will not allow you to define the "00" default value in the value set. That's the reason, the intercompany segment is entered with the same value as the company segment.

Normally, as per the industry practice, we will use a separate value set for Intercompany segment, which gives more flexibility in terms of using a default value. 

(@training-operations)
Reputable Member

Hello,

Hope you are doing great!

We hope we were able to help you out with this query and all your questions were cleared, If you have anything to add on, Our team will surely help you out with it. 

For now, with your consent, we can close this query.

Thanks & Regards

Share: