Clear all

[Closed] Master Organization for Inventory

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@mark-ballew)
Eminent Member

Coming from EBS I'm not used to seeing the option to use type 'Item Organization' as a master inventory org., but I am seeing in some examples people doing this, while other example as what is setup in Vision, still use Inventory Organization type.   as far as I know there is only one type in EBS, unless that has changed in more recent years?

In Fusion Cloud, we have the option between Item Organization and Inventory Organization.  I understand the difference, but what are you seeing at Fusion client sites, are most companies still setting up the Master Inventory Organization as type Inventory Organization, or have they all been move to or using the type Item Organization.   I understand why you would choose Item Organization, but what are you seeing in practice?

3 Replies
(@training-operations)
Reputable Member

Item organization is an organization where the items are attached to it. As a standard practice, we dont assign a Management BU against the item Org, so that the items are available globally across the organizations. Whereas in case of Inventory organization, we will assign the Management BU.

Topic starter
(@mark-ballew)
Eminent Member

Ok, thanks, it seems that is a change from EBS.

(@training-operations)
Reputable Member

Hello,

Hope you are doing great!

We hope we were able to help you out with this query and all your questions were cleared, If you have anything to add on, Our team will surely help you out with it. 

For now, with your consent, we can close this query.

Thanks & Regards

Share: