An Oracle HCM consultant’s profile is equally exciting and challenging. The answer to ‘What a typical workday in the life of an HCM consultant is like?’ varies from consultant to consultant, the work of an implementation consultant would be different from that of a support consultant.
Let’s understand what their day-to-day work primarily revolves around and what their duty involves through a day in the life of an Oracle HCM Consultant.
1. The client requirements
- An important aspect of the Oracle HCM Consultant in a support role is to understand and satisfy client requirements. So, it is important for the consultant to be articulate in order to communicate well with the client.
- The work also involves analyzing the requirements and planning and working productively to complete those demands and change requests.
2. Support tickets
- Another major task is handling support tickets—support tickets can be incidents, enhancements requests, change requests, etc.
3. Ticket Analysis
- The impact of the new requirements on the current system functionality is checked and the tickets are segregated as change requests, enhancements, incidents etc.
4. Information about changes
- A consultant needs to gather all the information in detail about the changes required.
5. Impact of changes
- The work is not limited to just gathering information about the changes, advising clients upon all the changes required is essential.
- More importantly they have to walk the client through its impact on the system and how any disruptions can be minimized or prevented.
6. Testing and Approval
- The amendments that are made are briefly tested, and accordingly approvals from the client are taken. (UAT – User Acceptance Testing)
- All the changes are documented to utilize them for future references.
8. Migration to production instance and sign off
- The approved changes are deployed into the live system, a notification to the client is then sent regarding the same and the ticket is closed.
9. Keeping up with the latest updates
- Every quarter Oracle releases updates which is crucial for a consultant to keep up with.
Automation over traditional HR process
- The automated HR process varies extensively from traditional HR.
- The consultant needs to make the client realize how advantageous the automated process is in terms of the work process.
- The automated process proves to be cost and time effective, plus, easier and smoother than the traditional process.
- It involves going through the new features, the impact that it can have on the current system, testing, documentation, and presentations with the client.
We have covered a major chunk of how a day in the life of an Oracle HCM Consultant looks like, for starting out as an Oracle HCM consultant head over to Oracle Human Capital Management – Apps2Fusion Unlimited courses