Forum Discussions

Rapid implementatio...

Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Rapid implementation template, natural account, financial category assignment?

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@mark-ballew)
Eminent Member

Need help understanding a discrepancy in how natural account financial category usage in rapid template. I find that the generated natural account tab only has a financial category populated per the extended account type value assignments. However, if I download the natural account segment values to the Vision seeded US corporate coa's, the financial category assignments are made to all child values. Which is correct, or is there a reason the assignment is happening after the load of rapid template financial data? see attached screenshot.

4 Replies
Topic starter
(@mark-ballew)
Eminent Member

I tried attach screenshot, but firewall blocks me.

(@training-operations)
Reputable Member

Regarding the discrepancy you've observed:

• In the Rapid Implementation templates, financial category assignments might be configured to align with specific industry standards or common practices. It's possible that the templates only assign financial categories to certain segment values based on their extended account type or other criteria defined in the template.
  • In the seeded COA provided by Oracle Vision, financial category assignments may be pre-populated for all segment values within the COA. This ensures consistency and completeness in financial categorization across all account segment values.

To address the issue:

1. Review Configuration: Double-check the configuration settings within the Rapid Implementation templates to ensure that financial category assignments are aligned with your organization's requirements. You may need to customize the template to include financial category assignments for all relevant segment values.
  2. Compare with Seeded COA: Compare the financial category assignments in the Rapid Implementation template with those in the seeded COA provided by Oracle Vision. This comparison can help identify any gaps or discrepancies in the setup.
  3. Customization: If necessary, consider customizing the Rapid Implementation template to mirror the financial category assignments in the seeded COA or adjust them to meet your organization's specific needs.

If you're unsure about the discrepancy or need further assistance, consider reaching out to Oracle Support for guidance. They can provide insights into best practices and help resolve any configuration issues or discrepancies you encounter.

Topic starter
(@mark-ballew)
Eminent Member

Perfect, that's what I was hoping to hear and that's what i did, was looking for confirmation on approach and interpretation of scenario.  thank you.

(@training-operations)
Reputable Member

Hello,

Hope you are doing great!

We hope we were able to help you out with this query and all your questions were cleared, If you have anything to add on, Our team will surely help you out with it.

For now, with your consent, we can close this query.

Thanks & Regards

Share: